Updated: Feb 15, 2020
Yup. That amazingly melty, chocolate chippy goodness is gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, fiber, protein and flavor FULL. Don't believe me? They're also so easy to make, you might as well try for yourself... if you have a blender, an oven, and an appetite, have at it! Recipe below!
Step 1- Preheat oven to 325.
Step 2- the hardest part, seriously. Gather your ingredients-
* 15 oz canned (rinse before using) or fresh cannellini beans
* 1/2 cup almond or other nut milk of choice- unsweetened
* 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
* 1/3 c almond butter (or cashew butter- also, unsweetened and with no added oils- check your nut butter ingredients!)
* 1 vanilla bean pod- scraped, or 3 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp lakanto monk fruit maple syrup (can use regular maple syrup if you're not watching carbs)
* 1 egg (if you want to omit to make this vegan, add 2 more tbsp of flax to your dry ingredients)
* 1/2 cup lakanto monk fruit golden sugar or other sugar sub (coconut sugar is a good option if you’re not as concerned with carb count, and it’s still lower glycemic index than regular granulated sugar)
* 3/4 cup almond flour
* 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (4 if you’ve left out the egg)
* 3/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 2/3 cup Lily’s stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
Place liquid ingredients in your blender, and blend well. Add dry ingredients. Blend well.
Pour into a bowl, stir in chocolate chips and pour mix into a generously greased pan- sides and bottom- (I used coconut oil and a 11x7x2 dish- strange measurements I know 😂)
Bake at 325 degrees for 50 min- note that depending on your oven- plus altitude, humidity, and who knows what else, your cooking time could be different! Check on the blondies at 20 minutes to get an idea of how fast they are cooking! A toothpick in the center should come out mostly dry, but these are very fudge because of the beans.
😋 Enjoy topped with some whipped cream, ice cream, or just like that! (Here is my favorite recipe for low carb ice cream that also has a dairy free option! https://www.gnom-gnom.com/keto-vanilla-ice-cream/ )